VACANCY: Document Controller
Job Title: Document Controller
Location: Grimsby. For the right candidate, we will consider a home working arrangement however if successful, the individual will be required to travel to our head office in Grimsby to attend meetings.
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Term: Full time permanent employee or Contract Position
An exciting and new opportunity has arisen for a Document Controller to join our successful design and management team. In return you will receive an excellent hourly paid salary based on experience and qualifications and a benefits package which includes stakeholder pension and 25 days holiday.
Technica are a multi-disciplined design, management and construction company who specialise in providing turnkey projects to the national and international energy sector.
As a Document Controller you will provide support to the project managers and engineers for contracts for a wide range of clients.
- Work with the document production and control processes within the Company Document Management System.
- Oversee all aspects of day-to-day Document Control activities, ensuring requests and queries are processed and closed out in a timely and satisfactory manner, and that a professional and quality Document Control service is provided to the Business.
- Management of electronic and hard copy documents on behalf of clients and Technica project teams.
- Ensuring all documentation meets formal requirements and required standards.
- Assist in preparation of handover documentation.
- Assist in preparation of tender packs.
- Maintain project registers and systems e.g. action trackers, RFIs, TQs.
- Perform administration activities including scanning of records, issuing reports and maintaining of KPIs to support the Project Manager.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings.
- Liaise with members of the design team.
- Liaise with clients, contractors and vendors.
- Complete audits on project deliverables and key processes
- Work to client, national and international standards and regulations
- Adhere to company quality and standards.
- Attend training, develop and maintain skills.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Higher Education qualifications would be advantageous to this role
- Customer facing roles.
- Administration support to project design and installation teams.
- Client procurement portals.
- Client document management portals, such as SharePoint, Documentum, Viewpoint4projects
- Experience working with national utilities documentation requirements would be an advantage in this role.
- Microsoft Office, particular strength in Word and Excel.
- Scribing of meeting minutes advantageous
If you’re interested in being part of a professional team responsible for developing projects from concept to commissioning, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.