VACANCY: Control and Instrumentation Designers
Job Title: Control and Instrumentation Designers
Location: This role can be based in either our Grimsby or Congleton Offices depending upon your preference. Our dynamic working policy allows flexible working times around core hours and the option to work up to work up to three days per week from home.
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Term: Full time permanent employee or Contract Position
An exciting and new opportunity has arisen for 3 Control and Instrumentation Designers to join our successful design and management team. In return you will receive an excellent hourly paid salary based on experience and qualifications and a benefits package which includes stakeholder pension and 25 days holiday.
Technica are a multi-disciplined design, management and construction company who specialise in providing turnkey projects to the national and international energy sector.
As a Control and Instrumentation Designer you will provide engineering design support to the project engineers for contracts for a wide range of clients.
- Prepare and check C&I detailed design documentation
- Work from P&IDs and site layouts
- Prepare and check C&I drawings including general arrangements, cables routes, block diagrams, loops sheets, hook-ups
- Prepare and check control panel designs including general arrangements and wiring diagrams
- Specify equipment and prepare and check C&I datasheets
- Prepare and check C&I schedules including I/O, cable, instrument list etc.
- Perform design calculations including IS, power, heat loss
- Prepare and check scope of work and other associated design documentation
- Liaise with other members of the design team
- Liaise with clients, contractors and vendors
- Work to client, national and international standards and regulations
- Adhere to company quality and standards
- Carry out work in a safe and effective manner
- Attend training, develop and maintain skills
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- HNC Measurement and Control or Electrical Engineering minimum
- Ideally apprentice trained / instrumentation technician background
- 3 years C&I design experience minimum
- Gas and ATEX experienced
- Electrical design experience would be beneficial
If you’re interested in being part of a professional team responsible for developing projects from concept to commissioning please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.