VACANCY: PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTICS SUPPORT OFFICER
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Support Officer
Location: The role is based at our Grimsby Headquarters. For the right candidate, we offer a dynamic working arrangement allowing the flexibility of working hours and routines to suit both the individual and the company.
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience.
Term: Full time permanent employee.
Technica are a multi-disciplined design, management and construction company who specialise in providing turnkey projects to the national and international energy sector.
We have an exciting vacancy for hardworking individual to join our successful team. In return you will receive an excellent hourly paid salary depending upon your experience and qualifications. This is supported by one of the best benefits packages around including stakeholder pension, private health care scheme, critical illness cover, death in service benefits and a gym membership contribution. We also offer 25 days annual holiday excluding bank holidays.
Reporting into the Procurement Controller, the overall purpose of the position is to monitor, control and contribute to the most efficient use of company material assets (non-financial) to support the delivery of projects.
- Liaise with key company employees to determine their product and service needs.
- Helping to prepare and maintain plans for the purchase of equipment, services and supplies.
- Helping to maintain good supplier relations and contract negotiations.
- Regularly monitor market to ensure the business is achieving best price and service from suppliers.
- Check lead times for new supplies required.
- Purchase supplies required for projects.
- Monitor Purchase Orders/Invoices and ensure traceability of purchases.
- Check equipment availability/reliability.
- Take delivery of supplies and check condition.
- Ensure the correct storage and accounting for procured material and stock.
- Ensure vans are equipped and maintained appropriately.
- Expedite and report on current status of project deliveries.
- Controlling and tracking all purchases and deliveries of hazardous area equipment, standard installation equipment and also sub-contract companies.
- Monitor and control current stock of materials held.
- Ensure material deliveries to site are accurate and timely.
- Adhere to company quality, safety and environmental policies and standards.
- Carry out work in a safe and effective manner.
- Deliver work in accordance with specified deadlines.
- Attend training, develop and maintain skills.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and behaviours:
- Experience of working within a procurement or logistics role.
- Clean Full Driving Licence.
- Microsoft Office, particular strength in Word and Excel.
- Good Interpersonal abilities.
- Good communication skills.
- Pragmatic and methodical approach to work.
- Ability to analyse work patterns and create innovative solutions.
If you’re interested in being part of a professional team within a dynamic and growing business, please submit your CV to email@example.com