VACANCY: EC&I Installation Technician / Supervisor
Job Title: EC&I Installation Technician / Supervisor
Here at Technica we have a vision; we believe in long term relationships with our clients built on their trust that we will deliver excellence in our solutions to their engineering problems. To deliver this vision we have built a team that shares it and that has a commitment to continually improve. At Technica the attitude is as important as the skills and experience.
We are a multi-disciplined design, management and construction company who specialise in providing turnkey projects to the national and international energy sector.
We are building Technica on the successful delivery of that vision. Due to further growth we are now in need of more like minded people who are passionate about delivering engineering excellence to the client. We are looking for a number of Senior Electrical and Instrument Installation Technicians who are either experienced supervisors or are looking to take that next step in their career. The role will report into our Construction Manager and will play a significant part in the successful delivery of our engineered solutions.
The role will be based out of our Grimsby Head Office, this is also the location of our workshop so it is essential that you live or are willing to base yourself within commuting distance of this location. There will be frequent visits to our client sites and this shall involve staying away from home. At times when the role is not based on client sites, there will be a requirement to work at our workshop assisting with construction activities and preparation for future installation and commissioning works.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Installing electrical and instrumentation systems across a range of industrial sites
- Fault finding and repair of electrical and instrumentation systems
- Testing of installations
- Interpreting engineering drawings, schedules and vendor specifications
- Liaison with clients, contractors and appropriate authorities
- ‘Red pen’ construction drawings and documentation
- Leading a small team or working as part of a larger team to ensure work is completed on time and to the Technica quality standards
- Adherence to client regulations and standards.
- Being a good ambassador for our company
In return, we can offer professional development, a rewarding and diverse career within a growing company and a good benefits package.
Like all roles, there are a list of essential and desirable criteria however these are not designed to be a bar to positive and enthusiastic applicants. It is just important to us to find the right individual for the role and we would be willing to invest in and work with people who are willing to contribute towards the good reputation of our company.
- Being prepared to work away from home
- CompEx EX01 – 04
- Recognised professional qualifications in electrical installation
- At least 5 years experience in industrial electrical / instrumentation installation
- Experience in working as a Senior Technician or Supervisor Role
- Ability to think on your feet and be self-motivated to deliver an excellent service
- City and Guilds 2391
- Experience in panel building / modification
- 10 years instrumentation / electrical installation experience
- Familiarity with working on Oil, Gas, Petrochemical or industrial installations
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
- SCO91 and / or SCO 1/2
If you are interested in applying then please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting your experience, current role and expected salary to: email@example.com