VACANCY: Functional Safety Engineer
Job Title: Functional Safety Engineer
Location: This role can be based in either our Grimsby or Congleton Offices depending upon your preference. Our dynamic working policy allows flexible working times around core hours and the option to work up to work up to three days per week from home.
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Term: Full time permanent employee or Contract Position
An exciting and new opportunity has arisen for a Functional Safety Engineer to join our successful design and management team. In return you will receive an excellent hourly paid salary based on experience and qualifications and a benefits package which includes stakeholder pension and 25 days holiday.
Technica are a multi-disciplined design, management and construction company who specialise in providing turnkey projects to the national and international energy sector.
As a Functional Safety Engineer, you will provide support on national and international contracts for clients in the gas industry. You will provide support from concept through to design, installation, commissioning and final handover to the client of a particular project.
- Deliver clients project requirements from concept to commissioning
- Lead elements of the Functional Safety Lifecycle
- Prepare project SIS safety lifecycle plans
- Undertake Functional Safety Assessments through the project lifecycle
- Chair and attend LOPAs
- Carry out internal and client functional safety training session
- Creation of functional safety documentation: SRS, reliability block diagrams, SIL verification calculations, proof test procedures
- Checking and approval of functional safety design documentation
- Liaise with other members of the engineering team, provide input into safety systems designs
- Liaise with clients, contractors and vendors
- Attend client meetings
- Provide commissioning support
- Work to client, national and international standards and regulations
- Adhere to company quality and standards
- Develop and maintain Technica functional safety policies and procedures
- Attend training, develop and maintain skills
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experiences:
- TÜV FS Engineer (or equivalent)
- HNC Control and Instrumentation minimum
- Control, instrumentation, functional safety background
- Woking knowledge of IEC 61511 essential
- 10 years design, engineering or management experience minimum
- 5 years functional safety experience minimum
- Knowledge of machinery safety standards desired
- Knowledge of cyber security preferred
- ExSILentia software experience beneficial
- ABB TRAC software experience beneficial
If you’re interested in being part of a professional team responsible for developing projects from concept to commissioning please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
- Posted In: