VACANCY: Control and Instrumentation Designers
Job Title: Control and Instrumentation Designers
Location: For the right candidate, we will consider a home working arrangement however if successful, the individual will be required to travel to either Grimsby or Congleton to attend meetings.
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Term: Full time permanent employee or Contract Position
An exciting and new opportunity has arisen for 3 Control and Instrumentation Designers to join our successful design and management team. In return you will receive an excellent hourly paid salary based on experience and qualifications and a benefits package which includes stakeholder pension and 25 days holiday.
Technica are a multi-disciplined design, management and construction company who specialise in providing turnkey projects to the national and international energy sector.
As a Control and Instrumentation Designer you will provide engineering design support to the project engineers for contracts for a wide range of clients.
- Prepare and check C&I detailed design documentation
- Work from P&IDs and site layouts
- Prepare and check C&I drawings including general arrangements, cables routes, block diagrams, loops sheets, hook-ups
- Prepare and check control panel designs including general arrangements and wiring diagrams
- Specify equipment and prepare and check C&I datasheets
- Prepare and check C&I schedules including I/O, cable, instrument list etc.
- Perform design calculations including IS, power, heat loss
- Prepare and check scope of work and other associated design documentation
- Liaise with other members of the design team
- Liaise with clients, contractors and vendors
- Work to client, national and international standards and regulations
- Adhere to company quality and standards
- Carry out work in a safe and effective manner
- Attend training, develop and maintain skills
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- HNC Measurement and Control or Electrical Engineering minimum
- Ideally apprentice trained / instrumentation technician background
- 3 years C&I design experience minimum
- Gas and ATEX experienced
- Electrical design experience would be beneficial
If you’re interested in being part of a professional team responsible for developing projects from concept to commissioning please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.