VACANCY: Project Manager
VACANCY: Project Manager
Job Title: Project Manager – E&I
Location: This role can be based in either our Grimsby or Congleton Offices depending upon your preference. For the right candidate, we will consider offering a hybrid working arrangement which can be home based and travelling to our offices for meetings.
Salary: Please refer to the package details lower down. Note that this role can either be hourly paid or salaried depending upon the candidates experience.
Term: Full time permanent employee
An exciting and new opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join our successful design and management team. In return you will receive an excellent hourly paid salary based on experience and qualifications and a benefits package which includes stakeholder pension and 25 days holiday.
Technica are a multi-disciplined design, management and construction company who specialise in providing turnkey projects to the national and international energy sector.
As a Project Manager you report to a Director and will take full technical and commercial responsibility for the provision of safe, high-quality design and construction services and ensure successful project completion both technically and commercially.
You will manage national and international contracts of various sizes, complexity and durations for clients in the gas, chemical, renewable and automation industries. Projects will range from concept through to design, installation, commissioning and final handover to the client.
Supported by an experienced and professional team of people, you will manage multidiscipline (Electrical, Instrumentation, Civil, Mechanical) design and installation personnel including our own internal staff and supply chain partners.
- Provide leadership. Demonstrate the company values and standards at all times.
- Plan and organise your workforce to meet deadlines and quality standards.
- To ensure each project plan, listing key milestones, is prepared and maintained and shared with all interested parties.
- Manage resource capacity planning.
- Prepare and issue regular project progress reports to your clients.
- Ensure all internal project kick off, progress and lessons learnt meetings are complete and recorded with clear actions and deadlines
- Hold regular client progress meetings.
- Monitor progress and report against schedule and manage the achievement of deadline/commercial targets.
- Project risk management, responsible for delivering mitigation strategies
- Hand over all relevant technical detail to team members and explain specific project requirements and deadlines.
- Maintain accurate cash flow forecasts and project cost to complete
- Receive enquiries, respond and liaise with client regarding intention to bid, site surveys and ensure quotations are compiled and issued.
- Conduct and document regular technical, commercial and informative team briefings.
- Recognise achievement and motivate team members.
- Conduct regular performance reviews and appraisals.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Higher Education qualifications in Electrical/Instrumentation Engineering discipline
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Strong prioritisation and time management skills
- Project management (2 years)
- Electrical and Instrumentation background
- Salary range: £55,000 to £70,000
- Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Health care
- Flexible home working
If you’re interested in being part of a professional team responsible for developing projects from concept to commissioning, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.