VACANCY: Installation Electrician / Chargehand
Job Title: Installation Electrician / Chargehand
Here at Technica we have a vision; we believe in long term relationships with our clients built on their trust that we will deliver excellence in our solutions to their engineering problems. To deliver this vision we have built a team that shares it and that has a commitment to continually improve.
Within our team the attitude of our people is as important as the skills and experience they possess.
We are building Technica on the successful delivery of our vision and due to further growth, we are now in need of more like minded people who are passionate about delivering engineering excellence to our clients.
The role will report to our Construction Management Team and will play a significant part in the successful delivery of our engineered solutions.
The role will be based out of our Grimsby Head Office which is also the location of our workshop. It is essential that you live or are willing to base yourself within commuting distance of this location.
There will be frequent visits to our client sites and this shall involve staying away from home (transport, accommodation and meal allowance will be provided by us). At times when the role is not based on client sites, there will be a requirement to work at our workshop assisting with construction activities and preparation for future installation and commissioning works.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Installing electrical and instrumentation systems across a range of industrial sites.
- Fault finding and repair of electrical and instrumentation systems.
- Testing of installations.
- Interpreting engineering drawings, schedules and vendor specifications.
- Liaison with clients, contractors and appropriate authorities.
- ‘Red pen’ construction drawings and documentation.
- Leading a small team or working as part of a larger team to ensure work is completed on time and to the Technica quality standards.
- Adherence to client regulations and standards.
- Being a good ambassador for our company.
In return, we can offer professional development, a rewarding and diverse career within a growing company and one of the best benefits packages around.
Like all roles, there are a list of essential and desirable criteria however these are not designed to be a bar to positive and enthusiastic applicants. It is just important to us to find the right individual for the role and we would be willing to invest in, and work with, people who are willing to contribute towards the good reputation of our company.
- Being prepared to work away from home.
- Weekend/bank holiday working and project specific rotations.
- Full UK driving licence.
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations.
- Recognised professional qualifications in electrical installation NVQ L3 City and Guilds or equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ experience in industrial electrical installation work.
- Ability to think on your feet and be self-motivated to deliver an excellent service.
- City and Guilds 2391.
- CompEx EX01 – 04.
- Experience in panel building / modification.
- Instrumentation installation experience.
- Familiarity with working on Oil, Gas, Petrochemical or Industrial installations.
- SCO91 and / or SCO 1/2.
If you are interested in applying then please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting your experience, current role and salary expectations. to: email@example.com