VACANCY: DESIGN DRAUGHTSPERSON
Job Title: Design Draughtsperson
Location: Based out of our head office in Grimsby with our dynamic working to give you the ability to flex your location and hours of work.
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Term: Full time permanent employee or Contract Position
An exciting and new opportunity has arisen for a Design Draughtsperson to join our successful design and management team. In return you will receive an excellent hourly paid salary based on experience and qualifications and one of the best benefits packages around, which includes stakeholder pension and 25 days holiday.
Technica are a multi-disciplined design, management and construction company who specialise in providing turnkey projects to the national and international energy sector. This vacancy has arisen due to an increase in UK workload.
As a design draughtsperson your duties will include providing CAD design support to the design engineers for contracts for a wide range of clients.
- Prepare and check E, C&I detailed design documentation.
- Develop E, C&I drawings including general arrangements, cables routes, block diagrams, single line diagrams, loops sheets, hook-ups.
- Develop control panel designs including general arrangements and wiring diagrams.
- Develop E, C&I schedules including I/O, cable, instrument list, load lists etc.
- Work to client, national and international standards and regulations.
- Identify previous similar projects that can be used as guides to improve efficiency/performance.
- Ensure design documentation is accurate.
- Liaise with other members of the design team.
- Assist in preparation of handover documentation.
- Adhere to company quality and standards.
- Carry out work in a safe and effective manner.
- Deliver work in accordance with specified deadlines & standards.
- Attend training, develop and maintain skills.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- CAD design training beneficial.
- E&I draughting experience required.
- 1 year CAD experience minimum.
- Autodesk AutoCad essential.
- Bentley Microstation beneficial.
- Client document management portals, such as SharePoint, Documentum, Viewpoint4projects would be an advantage in this role.
- Experience working with national utilities documentation requirements would be an advantage in this role.
- Microsoft Office, particular strength in Word and Excel.
- 3D CAD packages advantageous.
If you’re interested in being part of a professional team responsible for developing projects from concept to commissioning, please submit your CV to email@example.com in the first instance.