VACANCY: Electrical Designer
Job Title: Electrical Designer
Location: This role can be based in either our Grimsby or Congleton Offices depending upon your preference. For the right candidate, we will consider offering a hybrid working arrangement which can be home based and travelling to our offices for meetings.
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Term: Full time permanent employee or Contract Position
An exciting and new opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Designer to join our successful design and management team. In return you will receive an excellent hourly paid salary based on experience and qualifications and a benefits package which includes stakeholder pension and 25 days holiday.
Technica are a multi-disciplined design, management and construction company who specialise in providing turnkey projects to the national and international energy sector. This vacancy has arisen due to an increase in UK workload.
As an Electrical Designer you will provide engineering design support to the engineers for contracts for a wide range of clients.
- Prepare and check electrical detailed design documentation.
- Work from P&IDs and site layouts.
- Prepare and check electrical drawings including single lines, general arrangements, cables routes, block diagrams, loops sheets, hook-ups.
- Prepare and check panel designs including general arrangements, wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Specify equipment and prepare and check electrical equipment datasheets.
- Prepare and check electrical schedules including, cable, load list, MTO etc.
- Perform electrical design calculations.
- Prepare and check scope of work and other associated design documentation.
- Liaise with other member of the design team.
- Liaise with clients, contractors and vendors.
- Work to client, national and international standards and regulations.
- Adhere to company quality and standards.
- Carry out work in a safe and effective manner.
- Attend training, develop and maintain skills.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- HNC Electrical Engineering minimum
- Ideally apprentice trained / electrical technician background.
- 3 years Electrical design experience minimum.
- Gas and ATEX experienced.
- C&I design experience would be beneficial.
If you’re interested in being part of a professional team responsible for developing projects from concept to commissioning please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.